Thursday, August 19, 2010

I should post something

School started.  I have had lots of training over the last two days, as well as a discussion of the importance of handwashing after getting bitten by a rabid bat.  Yes, you read that correctly.  We also meditated for two hours, because we will be teaching meditation to the students this year, 30 seconds to 3 min at a time.

So, in lieu of any actual thoughts, here is a medieval castle being built in France.  Having spent many hours with David Macaulay's Castle book as a child, this is pretty cool.

Tomorrow, there will be pictures of my cucumber plant eating the other garden plants.

2 comments:

  1. Um, inquiring minds and all, but do y'all have lots of rabid bats around?

    I hope the start of the semester went well. Meditation is an awesome skill to teach the kids; both my girls learned it at their Montessori school, and I think it's stood them in good stead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, have you seen the one Michel Guyot is building in Arkansas?

    http://www.ozarkmedievalfortress.com/

    How cool to see the one in France - it's so much farther along!
    http://www.guedelon.fr/

    ReplyDelete