Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holy Vegetables, Batman!

I just looked at my garden for the first time in a few days.

First tomato, two lemon cucumbers the size of my fists, . . . 
twenty (!) serrano peppers, . . . 
and three yellow squash.
The super bright sunlight has washed out some of the colors in these veggies, but wow!  As a size reference, that block is about 12" deep, so the squash are about 7" long folded and about 4" in diameter at their widest point.  And for the record, I have only one plant of each type of veggie, and all of them are still producing flowers.

Any suggestions for the serrano peppers?  I appear to have some to spare.

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I love fresh veggies :). I don't know that i have a suggestion for twenty serranos, but they're great in salsa, guacamole, and any Indian food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon cucumbers are awesome. I can't wait for more of those to grow up, and salsa will be made sometime today with fresh tomatoes and peppers. Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete