Monday, September 20, 2010

Knitting! What a good plan!

Seriously, work really puts a cramp in my knitting time.  That fairly minor complaint aside (as I like being employed and mostly like my job and love my kids), I have finished something.

So here it is:  Argus Shawlette on ravelry.

Hanging over the back of a chair, awaiting blocking.
I knitted it out of Tahki Yarns Fiji, which is a silk blend.  The pattern was written for fingering weight, but this yarn is probably slightly bigger than worsted weight.  I used a 10.5 needle (US) and only did 2 repeats of chart A rather than the 3 called for in the pattern.  Otherwise, it was made according to the directions.

What I am not doing well is knitting for myself.  This is for a friend who needs surgery, but can't get it because she and her husband lost their health insurance, and she's having trouble finding grants to cover it, etc.  I will block it this weekend (the only place is my bed, and I don't have time to get it set before I leave for work, and the weekend should work) and get it in the mail early next week.

And maybe I'll even finish that pair of socks for me that I have been working on forever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope your friend finds the funding she needs - this is a wonderful way of showing support!

    ReplyDelete