Sunday, January 2, 2011

Decisions for the new year

I am back from my honeymoon in CO.  It was gorgeous, and I'll post pictures soon.  It was a very good, but very intense few weeks.

Now I have some serious decisions to make.  Because K is active duty military and has been informed of his deployment date, it is possible/likely that it will be 18 months before we can spend more than 2 weeks at a time within 1000 miles of each other.  It might be 8 weeks total, but probably less.  The exception to that is if I make some drastic changes to my life.  I am unsure if this is a good idea or not.

I am alternating beating my head against a wall and knitting.  I made it as far as a heel on a new sock (airplanes are good for this).  I swear I'll get some pictures of that too, although it's not terribly exciting.  It's a plain stockinette sock, but it is a self striping yarn in my favorite colors.

I also started a new scarf with some blue heathered wool (on sale!) from a yarn store in Colorado Springs.  The store is called Knitter's Kove, and it seemed wonderful from my one visit.  The scarf has dropped stitches and reminds me of monster eyes.  This too would probably make more sense with pictures.

It's a new year, and there are some wonderful things and huge challenges on the horizon.  Once decisions get made, life has got to get easier.  Maybe I'll even be able to cope with knitting that isn't garter stitch.  Otherwise, I'll just start an afghan.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, I recognize the need to knit stockinette when the rest of life feels a bit overwhelming. It does sound like those are some really big decisions - I know that you'll find the best right path for you.

    ReplyDelete